9th ANNUAL SUMMER RESIDENTIAL RETREAT
Check-In: Friday, May 25, 2018 ~ 4pm to 5:30pm Check-Out: Wednesday, May 30, 2018 ~ 12:00pm
FOUR POINTS BY SHERATON
541 Bourbon St, New Orleans, LA 70130
A full Friday-to-Wednesday intensive program (5 nights / 5 days) of Satsang immersion with Swami Premodaya.
I-CODA’s residential retreats have proven to be powerful vehicles for accelerated personal growth, realization and permanent transformation. This human life is a profound cosmic adventure. Premodaya’s work makes the deeper levels of this journey more directly tangible and experience-able for participants. Sharper awareness, expanded consciousness and more compassion, are the richer possibilities that pave the path to the God-centered/Truth-devoted life. The daily life by-products along the way are love (‘open-hearted’), wisdom (‘Truth-devoted’) and happiness (‘God-centered’). Together, these reveal Freedom and Peace.
Premodaya’s beloved Master, Gangaji, has said: “The deeper investigation demanded by a spiritual life, revealed the limits of my idea of freedom. I came to recognize that the desire ‘to do whatever I want to do’ is an infantile, or at best, an adolescent view of freedom. To be free to do what I want to do, is not reliable freedom at all. What one simply wants to do, is dictated by impulses, instincts, desires, and other people’s opinions. It’s dictated by memories and by thoughts about what may come next. This is the opposite of freedom!” And Premodaya explains: “True happiness is spiritual happiness. It’s the contentedness that arises when you’re not being ruled by ‘impulses, instincts, desires and opinions’ (worldliness)—not captive to ‘memories and thoughts’ (personality and ego). When instead, you’re identified with Divinity itself. Truth becomes actually available, only when you’re no longer a slave to yourself. Truth, Freedom, inner Peace, God-centeredness—these are potentials. They result from going beyond your limited personal psychology—from moving toward the Universal, the Timeless, the Infinite and Eternal. Ultimately this is achieved through surrender (as reached through love, devotion or trust [‘bhakti’] or through higher knowing [‘wisdom’ or ‘jnani’]), which simply amounts to overcoming restrictive individual will. Overcome your willfulness, and you’ll become truly happy, truly free, truly a willing participant in life—a grateful participant in the higher life, which is the Divinely-oriented life”.
5 days/5 nights, triple or quadruple occupancy. Room assignments are based on available space, and I-CODA is pleased to take personal preferences into account, but cannot guarantee that all requests will be met.
- Four Points by Sheraton – 541 Bourbon Street, New Orleans, LA 70130. Phone: 504-524-7611
- Check-in time at the Sheraton – 4pm on 5/25/18
- Check-out time from the Sheraton – 12pm on 5/30/18
- Hotel room charges are included as part of the retreat. Please note incidental charges (room service, phone calls, spa charges,etc…) are participant responsibility
- Breakfast and lunch are included as part of the retreat.
- Breakfast will be served every day at 8:00am at Vacherie restaurant located at 827 Toulouse St, New Orleans, LA 70116. Vacherie is across the street from the Sheraton on Toulouse St.
- Vegetarian Lunch will be served every day as per the program schedule, also at Vacherie.
- Please explore the many, exciting, local French Quarter restaurants for dinner.
REGISTRATION & TUITION
Pre-registration and tuition payment are required prior to admittance.
- Special Earlybird Registration (through March 31, 2018)------------$1,645 USD
- Regular Registration (April 1 through April 23)-------------------------$1,795 USD
- Late Registration (April 24 through May 25)-----------------------------$2,200 USD
- for a private room with private bath (space permitting), add:
- Private room/bath (through April 21)--------------------------------$900 USD
- Private room/bath (after April 21)------------------------------------$1,150 USD
Payment plans and limited scholarships are available to qualified applicants (all scholarships are partial scholarships; you must pay something). If limited income or resources genuinely precludes your being able to attend, I-CODA is pleased to offer payment plans and/or scholarship opportunities. For this event (the 2018 9th Annual I-CODA Summer Residential Retreat), payment plan arrangements must be completed, and scholarship applications must be received, by no later than March 28, 2018.
To register, please mail your check (preferred method), payable to 'I-CODA', to:
PO Box 1282
Topanga, CA 90290
To register by credit card, please click on the 'Register' button below (note that there is a 4% credit card fee assessed).
CANCELLATION & REFUND POLICY
Tuition paid for I-CODA residential retreats is non-refundable and non-transferable. If you need to cancel for any reason, we will gladly apply your tuition payment toward any future I-CODA retreat or event (with certain limitations, as stipulated below):
- Through March 31, 2018: Full credit toward any future I-CODA event(s) or offering(s) — minus $95 administrative fee.
- April 1, 2018 through April 23, 2018: Full credit toward any future I-CODA event(s) or offering(s) — minus $395 administrative fee.
- April 24, 2018 and thereafter: No credit toward future I-CODA event(s) or offering(s) — administrative/cancellation fee equal to full tuition.
Pictures from last year's 8th Annual I-CODA Summer Residential Retreat, 2017