Be a Local Host
HOSTING SWAMI PREMODAYA
Would you—or someone you know—be interested in bringing I-CODA to your area? Generally, it's not realistically possible for us to bring our work to a new area, without a local host or supporter. This is because there is a large amount of preparation that's required, and it just doesn't work unless there's an advance person on the ground, who knows the community, and who's willing to do the prep work. Interested persons can either "host" (includes financial sponsorship), or help with hosting, which can include:
- Procure an appropriate venue for holding the event(s) [inexpensive, but suitable];
- Function as the local contact to the public, for I-CODA event(s) (i.e. use your phone number as the contact number, and answer phone inquiries);
- Coordinate and implement the required publicity, which would ideally include:
- Placing flyers throughout the area (we would provide the flyer);
- Local internet outreach to potentially interested groups and individuals (you identify)
- Identify the local 'spiritual' magazine or newspaper, and place ads 2 months prior to the event(s). You would let us know the pricing, and if it's affordable, we would provide the ad;
- Suggest and implement any other kinds of advertising or publicizing that you think would make a difference in attracting interested people to come;
- Suggest any other types of events or activities that you think people in your area might want from us (for example, we held weekend intensives in New Zealand that were very well-attended and successful. Many people experienced life-changing breakthroughs);
4. Effectively coordinate all aspects of the prep work; I-CODA will support you by providing the appropriate materials and direction.
5. If needed, serve as (or identify) a translator at the event(s).
6. If you are not the financial "host", identify, solicit or procure a local "sponsor" or "host" [someone with the resources to pay (donate) the travel and local costs involved in mounting the event(s)].